I created JoeScuba to provide information about diving, scuba gear, vintage dive equipment, dive travel and info about instruction.
I began diving decades ago, and am closing in on my 4,000th dive. About 2/3 of those have been in a drysuit in water colder than 50 degrees.
I particularly enjoy exploring deeper water, which I find captivating. I love everything about technical diving. There’s an entirely new world below 130 feet, beyond recreational, no decompression limits.
One great thing about technical diving is that it opens up new possibilities. Dives that would be unthinkable on standard SCUBA are within the reach of divers prepared and trained for them. As a result, we have opportunities to see things no human ever has. That’s pretty cool.
In the last couple years, I’ve using sidemount scuba more and more. Sidemount diving opens new opportunities to do technical dives from small boats and in locations where technical diving gear often isn’t available.
Reno Scuba Instruction
I teach at Sierra Diving Center in Reno, NV, and find it to be one of the most gratifying things I do. If you have questions about learning to dive in the Reno/Tahoe area, you can reach me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
My Professional Certifications:
- Tec Deep Instructor (PADI)
- Tec Instructor (PADI)
- Master Scuba Diver Trainer (PADI)
- Instructor – Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries (DAN)
- Instructor – First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries (DAN)
- Instructor – Neurological Assessment (DAN)
- Instructor – Basic Life Support: CPR and First Aid (DAN)
- Instructor – Diving Emergency Management Provider (DAN)
- Ice Diver Instructor (PADI)
- Deep Instructor (PADI)
- Underwater Navigator Instructor (PADI)
- Enriched Air Instructor (PADI)
- Altitude Instructor (PADI)
- Dry Suit Instructor (PADI)
- Open Water Scuba Instructor (PADI)
- EFR Instructor (Emergency First Response)
- Care for Children w/AED Instructor (PADI)
- Divemaster (PADI)
- Trimix Diver (DSAT/PADI)
- Advanced Nitrox Diver (TDI)
- Decompression Procedures Diver (TDI)
- Extended Range Diver (TDI)
- Tec50 (DSAT/PADI)
- Tec45 (DSAT/PADI)
- Tec40 (DSAT/PADI)
- DEMP (DAN)
- Ice Diver (PADI)
- Sidemount Diver (PADI)
Mostly, I just love to be in and around the water, and wish to share my experiences by teaching others.
Dive With Me
If you would like to dive with me sometime, either for a PADI diving specialty course, or just to experience some of our local dive sites, please contact me: email@example.com, or through Sierra Diving Center (775) 825-2147.